View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 08:05 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazz5 View Post
Hi All,

Back on the forum after being gone for awhile, so apologies if this has already been covered. I have found the "t206 Database 2.0" excel file on the t206.org website to be a very helpful tool in tracking my collection. It functions as a checklist, but also calculates estimated value based on grade and back multipliers.

For those that arent familiar, the file can be found here:

https://www.t206.org/resources.php

While very helpful, it seems that the "Base Price" numbers that the formulas are calculating off of may be a little outdated given the high prices I have seen recently. Is there any sort of resource that gives a more up to date list of base prices for raw cards?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Resurrecting this question....
The Excel checklist in the link listed above is named "T206 Database by Mike Poland"... Is Mike a member here? I downloaded the file and made a few modifications that I think more accurately capture the current market.

1) I added 1/2 grades into the "Grade Multiplier"... 1/2 grades must not have existed (or been important) when this file was created...I am simply extrapolating the existing multipliers to include 1/2 grades. "G" is listed as .8. VG is listed as 1. Therefore, G+ is now .9.

2) I aligned the SGC grades with PSA - getting rid of the 10,20,30, etc.

3) Base Grades: The original file assumes that the base price for a raw "VG" common is $25. I increased that to $50. [this makes a G common $40, which frankly may be low, but I am going with this assumption for the time being]

4) Base Grades (Special cards): these are HOfers/SLers, etc. I am going to 2.5x all of these. For example a raw VG Home Run Baker is $80 in the original file. This will now be $200. This blanket change will not be perfect for all of the cards, but I think a more accurate base starting point. I may have to make custom adjustments on per-card basis (i.e. portraits, Cobbs, etc), stay tuned.

As I enter my collection and check prices, I might adjust some of the back multipliers, but hesitant to do so as the market is too hard to pin down in terms of pricing.

Any thoughts are appreciated....
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236