View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Default The T207 Printing Process

Posted By: TBob

Ward Miller where are you? A decent G/VG which wouldn't break the bank and possessing eye appeal would do it.
Jeff sent me a copy of an article, a two parter written some years back by Keith Olbermann, which explains the mystique and allure of the T207 set. Keith stated that the T207 set, unlike any other tobacco card set, is not a challenge, it is an obsession.
You have to be a little wacky to try and complete it Geoffrey but it can be done. I remember seeing a T207 set in a Mastro catalogue about a year ago in which Bill stated that it would be impossible in this day and age to put together a set from scratch. I guess that was my challenge. It has taken 3 years but I am about there. I lucked in to 6-7 of the toughies which I haven't seen available since. This is a set in which you will pay more for the cards (and I bought them all one at a time) than the set is probably worth, but I have noticed an upswing in the individual card price and an upswing in the set price too. I think its a helluva investment for the future because of its scarcity.
Geoffrey, you mention just collecting Recruit backs. If you do that you will be without roughly 53 of the 60 most valuable cards. Only Speaker, Wood, Johnson, Hooper, Livingston A, Livingston Large C and McKechnie are high priced cards without the rare backs. Wood and Hooper should take a major jump in the guides next year as they are scarce as hen's teeth, despite their common backs.