View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 10:18 AM
Phil

Default Conditioning- Maybe I'm the One Who's Off

I'm in the last affordable stages of upgrading my 53 Bowman Color set. I recently purchased a #127 Kryhoski that was described to be in near-mint condition. I received it last night and IMHO there is no way that the card meets the description. The first photo is the card itself; the second photo is a closeup of the left top corner which is dinged; the third photo is the top edge of the card which showed some minor wear ( and I haven't mentioned the minor wear on the other three corners). The last photo is the card that I just purchased next to the one that I'm trying to upgrade in my set (it's to the right), which I would describe as being in VG-EX to VG-EX+ on a bright, sunny springtime day.

For reference, I checked the recent eBay sales and well as those currently ongoing. Either I'm unrealistically too strict or the everyone else is visually lax, but with the exception of a Greg Morris card that sold as ex-mint on 9/23, there is no way that any of these cards are in excellent to near-mint condition. Even the recent PSA 4 offering is a weak very good -excellent.

To cite the famous quotation, "I am not a professional grader;" I have never worked for any TPG, but I worked in card shops and at shows from 1975-1995 so I have some experience in grading cards. The frustration has been receiving and having to return cards because of inaccurate grading. Yes, today here in southern California it is bright and sunny, but not in terms of collecting.

I apologize for the rant.

Phil aka Tere1071
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kryhoski 1.jpg (77.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg kryhoski 2.jpg (34.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg kryhoski 3.jpg (38.2 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg kryhoski.jpg (75.5 KB, 193 views)