View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default Help with Trimming and The real price for trimmed cards

Posted By: Indy

Hi, this is my second post. I'm still looking for some help on the "Will this be ungradeable" post. I have recently bought some lots of 53 bowman and after recieving them found that some are timmed. I'm prett new to vintage collecting but some of them are pretty obvious. There are a few that are not. It seems the total boarder is off by just a mm on some. I'm compairing them to one that is not trimmed. My main question is are the boarders on that 53 set pretty conistent or are some cards cut skinnier or shorter from the factory. On good untrimmed cards I'm getting 3mm for the boarder on 4 sides. 6mm total for two sides together. In one of the lots to my observation 37 of 40 that I bought had been trimmed. My problem is that I don't have many good cards to compair the trimmed ones to.

This really bothers me. Some of the cards do look nice but they are trimmed. After I get some advise from you guys then I'll let the people know if I will return them or not. If I keep them I will ask for part of the payment back. The only reason that I'm thinking of keep them is because I don't have a good or untrimmed print. I'm also wonder if these trimmed cards will be worth more years down the road when untrimmed cards become more scarce. I'm just wonder how much a trimmed card is worth. Are trimmed cards automatically a 1 or 2. A lot of these trimmed cards have small creases or wrinkles so they would be 3's at best anyway. Any help is appreciated.