View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Reality Check Sad and Insane May be Hung Soon

Posted By: David Smith

Saddam's death will only cause a worsening of the Civil War in Iraq. It will, however, fulfill President Bush's Second reason for ACTUALLY going to war.

His First reason, was, obviously OIL, just like his Dad's reason in 1991. George the First said in 1991 it was about Democracy in Kuwait but after the war ended, what happened? Gas prices went down, American companies were given large contracts to clean up and rebuild Kuwait and HOW MANY Democratic elections have been held in Kuwait since 1991?

W's Second reason (wanting Saddam dead) relates to the Gulf War. During that war, Saddam said some mean things about George the First and I think I remember Saddam also issuing death threats against the President. After the war, many criticised Bush for not finishing the job and taking Saddam out of power. This obviously hurt little George W's feewings.

So, once it looked like he was going to be elected President in his own right, W and his henchmen (Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al) started planning a war with Iraq, the only problem, how to take action without looking like a bully? The answer dropped in their laps with the terrorist attacks. (That is why some conspiracy theorists say the US didn't act or might have even helped the attacks to happen).

I can't remember if it is International Law, United States law or just common sense, but I think there is a rule about not being able to kill a leader of a foreign country. This prevented W from an out-and-out assassination of Saddam. So, the next best thing would be to take over his country and then have the Iraqi justice system kill Saddam.

Once Hussein is dead, watch for some type of shift (maybe major) in foreign policy as far as Iraq goes because at that point, President Bush will have no more personal feelings about the situation because HIS goals will have been acheived; 1) to make his friends in the oil business even more money and 2) Saddam Hussein to be dead.

David

PS, Dan I know what you are talking about. My cousin had two weeks left in a semester in college when he was called to duty to fight in the Gulf War. The bad part was, he didn't leave the country for a month and just sat around with his Unit for that time. He lost out on that semester and didn't get a refund of his tuition. He fought in the war (he wont talk about what he saw or did) and then came back home. On top of having to retake the courses he missed out on, he also had Gulf War Syndrome to boot.