View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 11:03 AM

Thanks for this, seems to make sense to me. My Dad has a pretty good memory and has a strong recollection of getting them in the lobby of the Hotel Bossert On Montague St.
I will keep the book in tact, I just wish there was a way I could enjoy it and share it.
Any clue on overall value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
Robinson was traded in Dec. 1956 and I don't believe there were any team dinners after the 1956 WS before he was traded because the team was in Japan playing exhibition games. So it was probably from 1956 at a dinner before the season started and the players flew down to Vero for spring training. That would explain Elston on there as well. I know there was a dinner at the Garden City Hotel with team members and the Dodger Boosters Club in Feb 1956 because I have a copy of the menu.

I would keep it together even if difficult to display because of the history, but if you separate pages there is certainly a market for many of the signatures, especially JR and Campy. There probably is a slight premium in value together, but I don't think the difference is very substantial.