View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 11:08 AM
Val Kehl

I have perhaps too many niche-collection focuses, which in order of current importance to me are:
- A Sam Rice master card collection (see current wants in my signature line below).
- Walter Johnson cards, with emphasis on his black & white, real-photo cards.
- Cards of all the other players on the 1924 Washington Senators WS Championship Team (including cards issued when these players were on other teams).
- Pete Runnels & Mickey Vernon cards and memorabilia. These were my favorite Senators' players when I was a kid. Need 1962 & 1963 complete Jello boxes for Runnels.
- Virginia League cards from these sets/subsets: E222 A.W.H. Caramels (need Lipe, Revelle, & Ryan), T209-2 Contentnea (need many), T210-2 Old Mill (have completed), and T206 (slowly working to complete).
- Pre-War type cards, with emphasis on scarce issues with advertising.
- Back run of non-T206 Hugh Jennings cards with his "ee-yah" pose and the red/orange background. Need E92 Croft's Candy w/red back, T216 Kotton Cigarettes with "NGO" back, and a blank back.
- N172 Old Judge cards of Washington players, at least one pose of each. Need (card must show "Washington"): Daly, J.C. Healy, Arthur Irwin, Morrill, & Wise, plus 2-player cards of Gaffney-Shoch & Gardner-Murray.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.