View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Personally, for Trout, I went with the 2010 Bowman Platinum card. I think it's a pretty nice looking card. It's fairly inexpensive and as a guy who prefers chrome for his modern rookies, it completely satisfies. Hell, even the refractors are quite affordable..

For Harper, I actually prefer the UD Team USA sets from '08 and '09. The '08 is a little more than I typically prefer to spend, but both of the '09's are still very pleasing.

Another cool option for Harper would be from either '07 or '08(can't remember exactly). Topps was making personal cards for whoever ordered them through the website(typical little leaguers and stuff like that). I remember back then, people were submitting photo's of Harper when he was still in HS, and having Topps print them up, in older styles('75 is the one that I remember the most). I remember seeing them back then, so I know they're legit, but haven't seen one in quite a while.. Kinda wishing I would've bought a few...

As far as graded/raw. I prefer raw, BUT usually if I buy graded modern, I tend to lean BGS..