View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Chris,
Congratulations on the completion of this book. I know how much it means to you and your family to help write down the legacy your father had with you through this crazy hobby of ours. You have been a great friend and it's been fun getting to know you better these last few years. Adding in the short story your father wrote was a great touch and I appreciate you letting me in on you and your fathers journey.

To all others, I would encourage you to look into adding this book to your personal library. I received mine and read it in two days time. It's much more than a another book on our hobby but rather a reflection of one mans personal journey to recapture a part of his youth and allowing his son to join him for the ride. I love my father and have many great baseball memories with him but I do wish we shared an interest in this hobby. The only cards he had as a kid were from 1956 and when I get a new one in my collection I like to think that maybe there is a chance that it once belonged to him.

If you ever collected with someone else as a kid (ie, older brother, uncle, father, etc) and want to relive some of those cherished memories this book will warm your heart and bring a smile to your face.

Good luck with the book but more than that congratulations. You have been able to something most of would want to do but never quite know how... Leave a legacy to your children.

Your friend,
Drew