View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 06:44 PM

Default Cleveland Baseball Collector!

Love this thread! I'm a Cleveland Baseball collector - Indians, Naps, Spiders, etc. There are a ton of stars and HOFers better associated with other teams for which I collect their Cleveland cards/collectibles, especially guys who were coaches, managers, GMs in Cleveland but played their baseball elsewhere. Here's a short list: Hank Greenberg (GM), Billy Evans (GM), Walter Johnson (MGR), Luke Appling (CO), Bill McKechnie (CO), Red Ruffing (CO), Al Simmons (CO), Warren Spahn(CO), Billy Williams (CO) just to name a few. I am interested in their time in Cleveland, even though sometimes incredibly brief. I am also interested in those guys who came up in the Cleveland farm system, and those guys that passed through near the end of their careers. Even though I love the stars and HOfers who spent big portions of their careers in Cleveland, there's something about guys with shorter affiliations with the team that piques my interest. Not sure if its the scarcity factor for their collectibles, or the surprise to learn they were even on the team (maybe only in spring training), but I pursue them as vigorously as I do the career Cleveland guys.

Here's a few you don't think to associate with Cleveland so much, but their photos tell a different story!

Pictured below: CO Red Ruffing, CO Al Simmons, Lou Piniella, Zoilo Versalles, Gus Zernial, Blue Moon Odom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1951 Red Ruffing.jpg (75.3 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 1950 Al Simmons.jpg (72.7 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 1968 Lou Piniella.jpg (72.5 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg 1969 Zoilo Versalles.jpg (71.7 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg 1947 Gus Zernial.jpg (74.6 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg 1975 Blue Moon Odom.jpg (76.4 KB, 270 views)