View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

As a young collector (27), I too am uncertain about the long term investment potential of cards for the generational reasons previously stated. However, it seems to me that currently many people are uncertain for the long term investment potential in almost all areas (stocks, bonds etc...). There are many Geo-political, environmental etc... factors that have people uneasy.

Either way, I've been hooked on cards since I was about 8 years old and will collect them until I die, regardless of value/price.

For a 3-5 up to maybe 10 year investment I would feel comfortable staying with the true immortal/legendary players such as Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle etc.... I would stick with hitters as opposed to pitchers. A card of one of these type of players from their playing days is essential. Buy an attractive card and strive for a lesser seen issue, but it doesn't have to be exceedingly rare. And buy it in the best condition for the best price you can find. Be patient and wait for the right deal to come about.