View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 09:12 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I have no knowledge or insight on R310s, and barely even noticed the 8x10 photos mention on the ad. I just know that the Ruth ad is vintage and original.

There was various circumstantial and historical evidence surrounding the item, and that I considered, but I determined the ad is original largely on its own physical evidence. The microscopic images Trey sent me were the clincher, having specific microscopic details one would expect from 1930s printing.

The provenance is fairly decent, in that the original seller was a vintage ephemera and antiques seller who would have a feel for what is vintage, and there's no reason to doubt his claim that the ad came with vintage Yankees letters.

What exactly is the item and how it relates to baseball card history is up for debate by others, and not something I've particularly thought about. But the item is original and vintage.
Thanks for your excellent input on this. You leave absolutely no doubt about this item and that is really the whole point of this thread.

If someone hasn't looked at the circumstantial and historical evidence around this beyond the authenticity factor, there's nothing wrong with that at all. If someone has looked into it and they can't figure out that 1+1=2 that doesn't change the originality of this General Gum store display.

I'm not sure why someone would be so upset about this original General Gum store display existing that introduces new information to the hobby.

This was a really great find by the OP and it's good to see that it's now back in the hobby and known about.

Last edited by oldeboo; 06-13-2021 at 09:33 AM.