View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 06:02 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I agree that I like to see prices and that most of the time it’s the way to go. However I collect a lot of very rare stuff that many times there is 0 or close to it in the way of comparable sales to point to and guesstimate price/value. For really rare stuff sometimes the seller genuinely has no idea how to price or guess value and want to see what people will offer.

I’m also of the opinion that less rules in general is better and I like the freedom and lack of overreach from Leon! It may be annoying to see a listing with no price but we can always ignore them. Also if a price were required and there were more rules in general it would likely decrease the amount of listings we get to see offered here as some sellers would just go elsewhere. I’d rather let the free market dictate things and see as many offerings here as possible.
You make a good point Erick,
If we are talking about fairly common cards like 50's Topps for example I would expect an asking price to be published, if your talking about a super rare T206 back for example I would expect a more subtle transaction to take place where it may be a few conversations before a deal is struck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-