View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 06:41 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
The year 2012 marked my 50th year as a collector. As I have stated in previous posts I sold my sets in 1986 to buy a house. I rebuilt my collection with only Detroit sports teams sets. I decided to build a 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen set to "commemorate" my 50 years of collecting. I've just about given up. I have the Base set with all the variations, the mini base with all the variations gold borders, blue borders etc. However the Trout minis have become ridiculous for the mini Gypsy queen backs and straight cut backs not to mention green and black. I should have just bought a 2012 Topps factory set and been done with it.
I feel your pain. While mainly a 50s and 60s collector, I started liking what I saw from Heritage and A&G. While I resisted the A&G temptation, I attempted to build a few Heritage sets. They are money pits, and I soon discovered I could buy actual vintage cards for the same (or less) money in many cases. I have a couple of base sets, some inserts, and a few SPs from a couple of years, but those SPs won't happen for me unless I find them for sale for much less than I have been seeing.