View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
When I was with the PO, one of our biggest problems was checks that were sent to credit card companies. These companies receive 10's of thousands of checks every day, and they seem to have problems handling the volume of letters and checks. We had constant complaints about credit card companies, even with payments that were sent by Certified Mail and required a signature. The companies would receive the letters but it would be several days before they processed them.

I think they are doing this on purpose so they can make more money on interest and late fees.
My favorite from when I was doing Ebay was a guy who bought something and after about a month asked where it was.
His check had never arrived, and I'd pretty much just written it off as a non payer. But couldn't be bothered to report it for a sale that was probably around $5.
He said he'd send out a second check, and if the other one showed up in the meantime I'd send it back with the card.
New check somehow arrives! In a reused Utility company reply envelope, complete with pre-printed address barcode.
I told him that was probably why the other one didn't get to me explaining about the barcode... and that he might want to check with the power company.
Sure enough they had received it weeks before and were eventually going to call him for an explanation.