View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default Forum members be proud

Posted By: Silver King

I just found this forum last week and I am brand new to all this baseball stuff and I think this forum and the members are awesome. You all should be proud of your research and the topics that you share in this forum. I spent the past week reading hundreds of posts that you guys talk about and I am so impressed by the camaraderie you guys have, this is a nice site to sit back with a cup of coffee and read about so many topics that I had no idea I loved. I am addicted and realize that I have so much to learn.

Right now I am fascinated with the pre-1900's cards and anything that is 100+ years old. This all started with a search for several particular N172 cards but it is now blossoming into a search for postcards, photos memorabilia etc. I've seen so many incredible things that forum members have purchased and it's nice to view some of these items in the topics.

I wish I had something better to share as a topic but I have more questions than answers so I will just say that I am going to sit back and read your comments and if I jump in with a retarded question or comment you can feel free to blast me.....

If I were to pick out one topic that I find most interesting that you guys have discussed, I think it's the amount of forgery of cards out there. Who would have thought? Thanks for posting all your advice about fakes, good sellers, bad sellers, eBay scams, non-graded cards, cracked casings on graded cards, photoshop, etc. I am finding out very fast that this is an expensive hobby if done legitimate; however, getting ripped of with a forgery would be a nightmare and I am sure there are lots of stories.

robert shaw