View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Banned

The verbiage doesn't matter, whether they say forensics or not, it's whether or not they are good at authenticating autographs. The bar is already set pretty low so they can't do much worse than what is already out there.

J. Spence touts his forensics credentials (mail order correspondence course), so either forensics is bad for spence and everyone, or is a credit to jsa and everyone, but not selective good for one guy and bad for another.

I see Spence didn't have flattering things to say about forensics when he participated in an autograph authentiction forum, but then he likes to say he has forensic credentials himself, so which is it? Even PSA's self-describing paragraphs say that they are trained in and use forensics too. So shame on them too I guess.

It's the result of their work that matters, we haven't seen enough of GFA work to make a determination. I couldn't endorse or not endorse them based on the work I have seen. To be fair we would have to see a quantity of their work over a good period of time.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-02-2012 at 09:04 AM.