View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Pscolgrafs</b><p>I have a few questions.<br /><br />1) Mr. Solis. You and Mr. Morales keep harping on the same HBO Fact. That being that there is a possibility that the items in question from the San Diego warehouse were perhaps authentic. Putting that aside, how about explaining how a man you described as "a premier name as far as authentication and one of few who actually had and still has legitimate credentials", manage to pass almost 500 items sent to him from Mr.Jaffe?<br /><br />2) I know it's quite difficult (like splitting atoms) but I will try and explain the Chaplin photo above. You see, this gentleman obtained a signed Chaplin item and he was told that it was a forgery by a respected auction house. Upon hearing that news, instead of putting it back into the collecting circulation, he ripped it up. Good for you sir.<br /><br />3) Mr. Morales, you state: "authentications based on scans are worthless" (which I disagree), but you have this thing called a "pre-scan". What in the world is that exactly?<br /><br />4) Will the cowardly aol user (who blocks replies) please send me random childlike nonsense. It will amuse me. <br /><br />Final note: Creating an exemplar collection is easy and shouldn't even be part of the debate. You (any authenticator) could have the world's best exemplar collection and still do a s--tty job...either on purpose, or because you don't know what you are doing. <br /><br /><br />