Thread: Psa question
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 02:39 PM

Default Psa uestion

Sorry that I am not making myself clear … No Sour grapes

This from a catalog … When it became apparent in 1980 that Topps monopoly on baseball card production was going to end by the courts. Donruss began work to produce a card set for 1981. As part of its research, Donruss created a 3 card prototype panel in 3 different sizes. I believe these were only sent to dealers. The small panel was 6 x 2-3/4, the regular panel about 7 1/2-3 1/2 and the 3rd one about 10 1/2 x 4 3/4. On the panels were George Brett and Reggie Jackson. A single card of the large(jumbo) panel has been graded by PSA as has the regular panel and small panels have been graded by PSA in the past, but not the large or Jumbo panel because PSA did not have a holder.
The panel I sent in is the Large(jumbo) which has not been graded in the past,
however certification number on mine is for a regular panel of which the holder shows. By the way, I did tell them this was the large/Jumbo.
I hope that helps you understand. This panel is not 7 1/2 x 3 1/2, it is 10 1/2 by 4 3/4 but shows up in the population report as the first. Now my question is what did they grade it against and could the grade be incorrect since it obviously would be oversized if compared to the regular panel