View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I think you are missing the point, Ken? What we were all told and fed and basically lied to about was that green energy was much more cleaner and much more earth friendly, which, as they show in the documentary, is nothing close to being true, and in fact much worse as they proved with using bio mass.

When the anti coal movement was in full progress, we were all fed lies about how dirty it is and how destructive it was to extract it. Like you seen, mining and destroying the earth has now increased because they are now mining for more minerals and the mining for coal has never stopped.

Nothing but a big lie, the whole movement, and every part of it all disguised as a feel good story that we are stopping global warming and saving the planet.
No, I think I got the point: none of this is "clean." I would just like to see a comparison showing how much of a toll on the earth is taken when comparing solar to wind to coal to gas. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's anyone we could trust to do a legit comparison.

What I was saying is let's not forget, coal is godawful on the environment, not matter how bad everything else is. My family traces its roots to the hills of West Virginia, and my grandmother watched the coal miners lop the tops off all the hills, dumping them into the valleys, to get the coal.

As for biomass, I am going to be 100% honest and say I didn't know that was still a thing! I remember it being the "next big thing" during the Bush years (I believe?), especially using corn, or maybe that was for alternative fuel?? But it wasn't a very long time before stories started coming out showing that we'd have to take every corn plant grown and dedicate it to fuel to pay off. That was the last I heard of that crap.