View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Duane Clark

I am intrigued with the 1950's which is mainly what I focus on in my collecting endeavours. I was born in 1962 so I obviously missed that time period. When I was a kid(early 70's), my Dad, brother and I would play each other in APBA Baseball(1950's players) and my Dad would tell us stories of the players that we had on our teams while we were playing. Some of the players on my APBA team were mediocre(kidding) players named Aaron, Mays, Robinson, Adcock, Campanella, etc. I am mainly focused on Brooklyn Dodgers 1950's players at this time even though my favorite team is the Baltimore Orioles(second favorite is the Dodgers). My Dad was a big time Dodgers fan and I guess that I am collecting the players that he got to see play in person. I just got back into the Hobby a year and a half ago and I decided to collect some of my Dad's favorite players. Currently I am focused on Pee Wee Reese, Gil Hodges, Carl Furillo, Clem Labine and Carl Erskine and will expland it futher after I have obtained one of each players card that is either a Topps , Bowman or Play Ball in a Dodgers uniform.

Duane