View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Very strange especially since Square technology is ubiquitous, easy, and can be clipped onto your cell phone.
I've just started learning about Square since it's how the retail area the makerspace I'm in is taking payments.

I'd recommend dealers looking into it, the pricing is better than many small merchant accounts and better than Paypal, a flat 2.75% (And if your margins are too small for that you're doing it wrong)

They also have a bunch of options for hardware, like a small stand for a tablet, which can attach to a cash drawer if you want it. And it has some pretty decent inventory tracking software. Overall a fairly preofessional looking setup/ Once people catch on, I think the more traditional CC processors are in trouble if they don't change.

The first time I saw it was at a craft fair. My wife and I bought some cards and prints from an artist, and the original I wanted was a bit more than the cash I had. The square setup was pretty impressive. simple, fairly quick, and we got an email receipt. (They also have receipt printers but he didn't have one. )

Steve B

I don't have square personally yet, and don't own stock.