View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Of course he's going to say that. That's about as politically correct as it gets. His job is to get the best talent possible to commit to play for Alabama. The majority of top talent happens to come from the black demographic, which supposedly feels oppressed. He's not going to speak with his balls and risk pissing them off.

Which brings up a great point here. What's the difference between him saying how he actually feels and the consequences that come with it vs. the NFL players protesting and us (the fans) protesting them?

Maybe. But given that he lives and works in a state that fought to defeat the very flag you honor, that in many ways proudly stands on that heritage to this day, and who, just this week, had one party nominate for the U.S. Senate a man twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court for refusing to follow the rulings of the US Supreme Court, I would say his remarks carry weight well beyond political correctness. I seriously doubt that all the Bama Boosters enjoyed his comments, yet he made them anyway. Then again, he may have just spoken his true beliefs, regardless of fallout. Believe it or not, it happens.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 09-29-2017 at 04:02 PM.