View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:51 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Interesting because that was one of my main sources in Orange County, CA. At the corner of our subdivision there was a 7-11 and Stop-N-Go that we bought cards from. I also remember getting 6th series cards from the ice cream man. I know that we had more 6th series cards than any other series in 1967 and completed our sets 1-6 series but had no 7th. 6th series cards were plentiful in collections that we bought but got almost no high numbers. I bought them from Card Collectors Co.
To be clear, it was not all areas where 7-11 was located. I think a lot of Topps California distribution was direct to chain stores though. Ice cream men would have been supplied via a jobber most likely. CCC had massive 67 high number lots at one point that they were selling through The Trader Speaks (Sept. 1977 ad below). They had vending boxes for some time thereafter as well and I think I have another ad where they were selling high number vending cases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept 77 TTS CCC Massiave Topps Blowout Sale Page 9.jpg (56.5 KB, 716 views)

Last edited by toppcat; 07-17-2020 at 09:00 AM.