View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 09:02 PM
David Hernandez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityGameUsed View Post
David

I just looked and couldn't find that Mathewson bat anymore in the Goldin auction or any explanation as to what happened?

And that wasn't just any bat according to the advertisement is was:

"used during the most impressive World Series pitching performance in the game's history and signed and dated by John McGraw is, well, dare we say unprecedented! Not only is this the only game used Christy Mathewson bat in existence, we believe it is the earliest World Series game used bat and represents the very first World Championship in the history of professional New York sports".

"A full board of comprehensive documentation from the hobby's leading experts completes this Hall of Fame-worthy Christy Mathewson World Series game used bat. Game used experts MEARS have thoroughly examined this incredible artifact and have given it their highest grade of A10 (314257). Likewise PSA/DNA have examined the bat and awarded it their highest mark of GU10 (1B01858) and the signatures have a certificate of authenticity from JSA (X56499) and PSA/DNA (U04226). A notarized letter from collector Terrence R. Zastrow documents the provenance of this historic piece of baseball history.
Due to its unique position as 1) the ONLY game used Mathewson bat in existence, 2) One of the very few game used or worn items that exists from Mathewson's career, 3) The oldest certified game used item that was used in a World Series, 4) The earliest known team signed bat (By World Series Champions!), 5) The city of New York's first major professional championship in ANY SPORT, We feel this bat represents the single most important game used bat ever offered for public sale".

That was sum bat David I wonder what happened?

Google Terrence R. Zastrow and see what interesting things you find.......
Ron, you apparently have a beef with the Ken. Since you quoted me you can see for yourself that I'm not a big Ken booster myself but in all fairness I give him credit for some great items. I don't know why bat was pulled but even in your post it has a iron clad Mears A10 grade. You can rip on me all you want but I don't let personal feelings toward a person or company downgrade everything they offer. This is obviously a historical amazing piece. I'm not looking for an argument just stating what this auction house has to offer and many of it are great items.