View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 06:44 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Does the gentleman recall how he got the Mantle? I’d be really curious if he recalls exactly how he got it. One of the experts in the field identifies it as I do, but there are such a large quantity in the market that I’m not so certain the identify as a proof is the most accurate. It seems like most of his “autos” were by mail, so that peeks my interest. Please tell him not to be too disappointed it’s preprinted as it still is valuable.
I asked him about the Mantle Chris but he didn't remember where he got it. He has a bunch of other auto's that he got through the mail besides the ones in this
book but he found the book while they are preparing to move.

I remember him showing me a piece a couple of years ago that had all the 1948 Cleveland players auto's on it. He had put tape over all the signatures
like this Williams postcard he gave me a few years ago.

img959.jpg

img960.jpg

When I take the book back to him I'll ask him again but I don't think he will remember. Does anyone know if they sold the Mantles at the HOF? We are
less than 2hrs from Cooperstown and that's probably where he got some items signed including the multi signed item.

Last edited by Pat R; 10-14-2021 at 12:00 PM.