View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve5838 View Post
Yes, I purchased the card. I received a notification as soon as it was listed on eBay and sent the seller a message offering him 2k for the card if he wanted to sell it before the auction began. He didn't respond to the question and I eventually started bidding on the card. The day before the auction ended the seller reached out to me and wanted to know if I would still like to buy it outright. I told him I would and ended up paying 2500.

This is the first clear one I was able to handle raw and it was a thrill to unpack and compare against the others. I've sent the card to PSA and was going to wait until it came back before posting anything here. I do not expect a high grade on this one due to its lack of centering and corner/edge wear. The sign quality is excellent though (same as the others). I will post a scan when I get it back (supposedly by the week after next) but in the meantime here are a few pictures of the raw card.

Steve
Congrats! It’s crazy you own 3/4 of the clears that are known to have surfaced since the 80’s. What are the odds?! It’s going to be tough for anyone else to own one if you get all of them.