View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:11 PM
Phil

I was hooked twice. The first time was in 1969 when a neighbor gave me a stack of his 1966 Topps, about 40 if I remember correctly. They all disappeared little by little until there was a Maris left and it was in very poor shape when I finally threw it away some years later. Getting those cards led me to buy my first packs and I particulary liked the stamps that came out that year. I left the hobby in 1991-92 and got rid of everything except a 1970 Topps Super Clemente as he was my favorite player.

In December of 2019 I went to a local card show in Garden Grove where I came across two 1953 Bowman color cards for .50 each. They were in fair condition I picked them up because they were cheap while taking me back some 40 years when I had some of the Bowmans, including the Mantle. Instead, I began looking on eBay and I picked up a Campanella and then a Hodges. That turned into the set I now own and enjoy immensly. I'm now attempting the same with a 1971 Topps which I'm building from scratch for the fun of it.