Thread: Bursting Bubble
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 08:06 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKilroy View Post
This is absolutely incorrect. You are giving humans way too much credit. It’s a very basic economic principle... The more people you throw into this, the more people are involved that have no idea what they’re doing. They get sucked in because they see their friend, brother, sister, mother, etc.. crushing it. They see how easy people make it look to turn huge profits. It’s one of the main contributors to a bubble! It’s those same people that loose their shirt, or throw the towel in early, or cut losses and dump cards. Once the initial fear hits, that happens on a MASSIVE scale. I applaud you for having that kind of faith in man kind, but statistically it’s incorrect. And every single economic crash will show you that.
Interesting, but not having any idea of what they're doing never stopped this nation making the stock market it's default retirement plan.
I think there's room for people to own cards, and I think you waaaaaay overestimate the brain matter and knowledge it takes to pick some cards to buy.
Sports may be the one area this nation actually invests significant cognitive energy towards, and that's all it really takes. Know the players you think are good, ride the guestimates of the 'experts' as they announce the next big thing, and spend time on ebay.

It's hardly rocket science.

No, they're not going to spend time learning every esoteric vintage issue.
So what?
They need to know the names of 15-20 players and look online at what cards are available, where the money seems to be flowing suggesting desirability, and perhaps cruise to one of the many sites showing historical sales data.

I'm not giving enormous credit here. This place isn't home to the Mensa society, but simply a cross section of society who share a common interest.
It's cardboard, not carbon nanotubes.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 02-24-2021 at 10:35 PM.