View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:14 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimag View Post
Baseball’s TRUE home run King! Where were you when Hank broke The Babes record? I was a 14 year old watching in mom and dad’s front room. Remember Bill Buckner in left field climbing the fence as Tom House caught the ball! One of the greatest sports moments in my lifetime! RIP Henry. Thanks for all you did for baseball!
When my mom passed several years ago, I brought, read and "played" the Birthday card she got me that year during her eulogy. It said that she was proud of me and that "anything is possible if you work hard enough and to follow my dreams". It was one of the first Cards that played Music or in this case the calling of the 715th homerun by Milo Hamilton. I just pulled it out and listened for old time sake as tears come down my cheeks. Like most moms, she was right. I have had more success than I probably deserve, so this one hit home particularly hard today.

We also had watched on TV in the front room. I was fortunate enough to see one of those home runs in person on June 24th 1972 from the 4th row at Dodger Stadium with my grandfather. I was 11. He would point these guys out to me occasionally and whispered to me in my ear on that day, "That's Hank Aaron" son. Thanks for the memories Hank. You will be missed.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 01-22-2021 at 10:15 AM.