View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 01:11 PM

David -- That is a big ouch. On the other hand, I have had decent luck when they undergraded some of my ungraded winnings. Also, I won some lots last year where they actually labeled items as incorrect years. I was not terribly upset then because of the vast quantltiy of items that I had won, and the fact that they just honestly didn't know the difference between two years that almost looked identical except for some small features.

As of right now, I will consider your comments but probably still bid on them.

I have a long stock market story about investing in poorly run companies who eventually turn around. Rather than bore everyone with the details, the gist of the story is the company's stock went from $55 overnight to $13, and everyone sold their shares before they lost it all. The company corrected their errors and mistakes, and is now once again trading at near $60 again, but it's been 15 years or so.

If Legendary has corrected their mistakes of the past, just maybe they are on the road to recovery. But if they are still being run with money from those that made the mistakes, then I agree that bidding in their auctions is a crap shoot.

Steve S.