View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
Thats correct. Paypal will only back you if you have tracking. I actually thought that having insurance was good enough because the tag had trackable numbers on it. Then I had a customer claim he didn't get the item. I called up USPS and they showed it as delivered. When I gave the numbers to Paypal they told me I had to have confirmation. I told them all they had to do was call USPS and give them the numbers from the insurance slip and they would confirm it was delivered. They would not lift a finger. They will only accept confirmation numbers. So I lost that one. My last experience to Canada was an item that sold for $60. I took a shot at just sending it rather than charge the seller a bunch of money to track it some how (I'm still not sure how). The seller claimed they never got it, so I decided its not worth it anymore.
I am not a big seller on Ebay, but I also no longer sell to Canada either and I'll tell you why. Years ago I had two auctions won by our Canadian friends, but unfortunately both buyers claimed they never received the item they won. It's unfortunate but that's what happened to me. My two cents.