View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default Rabbit Maranville

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

Although I like Mastro, they would likely lump all the items together in one lot, thereby minimizing your profit. As long as you're not looking for immediate financial gain, I would suggest consigning these items to one of the larger auction houses mentioned above with the stipulation that the signed items be sold individually (Mastro would work). Unsigned memorabilia is not my area of expertise, so I will leave that matter to be answered my someone with more knowledge in the field. To add further credence to my feelings in this matter, I don't know of anyone who specializes in Maranville memorabilia. Yes, he is a HOFer, but he's not popularly collected in the way that stars such as Ruth, Cobb, Clemente, etc. are. That being said, the likelihood of two die-hard Maranville enthusiasts fighting to the death in a bidding war over the entire collection is highly doubtful. There are folks out there who really enjoy collecting signed handwritten letters from HOFers, however, and would probably only want one example of Maranville. Break the lot up.