View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
T!M R10rd@n

In the light of all that has been coming to light, has anyone else wondered about the DiMaggio autographed Monroe issue of Playboy?

Story as published in the NY Times:
Quote:
His friendship with Joe DiMaggio produced an autograph adorning the otherwise unclad photo of DiMaggio's former wife Marilyn Monroe in the first issue of Playboy, from 1953. One day, when DiMaggio was visiting his home, Mr. Halper showed him an original copy of the magazine. As Mr. Halper told Ira Berkow of The New York Times in 1998: "Joe said - he didn't look too thrilled - 'What do you want me to do with this, sign Best Wishes?' I said, 'No, but I'd love to have you sign it.' He said, 'O.K., but I don't want anyone to see it in my lifetime.' I promised I wouldn't, and I haven't."
I haven't seen the autograph, but doesn't this story seem a little too far fetched?

Ask DiMaggio to autograph his dead ex-wife's nude image and get him to agree? Just as long as it isn't shown until after DiMaggio is dead?

Makes for another detailed story, and once DiMaggio was dead he couldn't dispute it, right?