View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 02:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
If you ever visited Gettysburg, PA you might have stumbled upon a shop that sold hand made clay figures. Chuck Caldwell was an artist that created figures from a wide range of categories, including presidents, entertainment and military subjects. Chuck was commissioned by several museums to do figures for them.

I'm sad I never made it to his shop, but do have a couple of his baseball figures in my collection. Chuck passed away in 2019 and I've been corresponding with his son to see if I can get a list of Orioles figures that were made. His son believes his father kept a complete list, but hasn't found it yet. All of his figures are 1/1 and totaled over 15,000 different examples. I have to believe a Brooks Robinson could be in someone's collection somewhere.

Here's a short 3 minute video about Chuck Caldwell. Bill please take note of the 1:25 mark....

https://www.eveningsun.com/videos/ne...home/97111668/

Here are the two Orioles figures I have. The pictures don't really do them justice. They are pretty neat.

1993 Brady Anderson

Attachment 424813 Attachment 424812

1990 Gregg Olson

Attachment 424811
Alan,

Those figures look very well done. Did you choose the players or was that what was available?