View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post

...they slipped in eleven Detroit Tigers into the Canadian Type 5......PSA grading gets a solid 50% of my oddball submissions wrong but after a while you just learn to live with it......The Greenberg on the left is a '37 type 5 while on the right is a '37 type 4

Now that is weird, and I think a total mistake by PSA then. I have always heard the Type 5 card set only and exclusively included minor league players from Toronto and Montreal teams. Don't know about these other Detroit players that you're saying PSA mistakenly slipped in as Type 5 cards, but that Greenberg you show on the right should be a Type 2, not a Type 5 Wide Pen, and is correctly shown on the flip with a 1936 issue date. The Greenberg on the left is the Type 4 card, and is incorrectly showing a 1936 issue date, it should be 1937. I see on the flips of those Greenbergs you scanned that PSA didn't even indicate the Wide Pen Type on them. So I'm assuming that PSA has them misreported on their pop report pages then? I just did a quick look on PSA's pop report page and it only showed them having graded a combined total of 8 Type 5 Goudey premiums from 1937, and none of the 8 were of Greenberg or any other Detroit players. So where did you see PSA calling the one Greenberg you have, or any other Detroit players, as a Type 5 Wide Pen then?

Last edited by BobC; 08-03-2021 at 10:30 PM.