View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdschulze View Post
I don't know Lou or Matt but I do know this forum is full of threads pertaining to bad sellers, ebay scams, and fake autos/cards. A lot of us do not have the expertise as some of the other members here and rely on their expert advice.... for learning purposes. I personally do not have a problem "outing" a potential bad seller. Maybe I purchased something from the same seller a few years ago and need to recheck the validity of the item. Had Matt (and others) not posted their experience(s) publicly, how would I know any different?

Lou publicly claimed that it was his mistake and he would make it right... no PR harm done at all. If anything, this thread will likely help future sales for Lou... everyone can see that he backs his items and displays good customer service.

I personally support everyone who suspects or has been victim of fraudulent activities within the hobby to make those experiences publicly known... it helps us all out in the long run!
This is such good advice.

More than once I had to revisit items that I previously thought were slam dunk good because I heard information about the seller long after the initial sale.

In my short tenure here, I have shared my bad Mantles and the Marino No Hit Kings ball. Embarassing as it may be, hopefully it will help others.

When I get the courage up, I have a few more question marks to share... but I can only take so much bad news in one calendar quarter.