Thread: New HOFers
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:14 AM
Bill Gregory

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Dick Allen’s passing. And, it’s utterly shameful that the Veteran’s Committee couldn’t induct him while he was still alive. They certainly learned nothing from their failure to induct Minnie Minoso while he was still alive.

Allen is 18th all-time in OPS+. His name appears directly before Willie Mays and Hank Aaron on the list.

This whole “he was difficult, he didn’t get along with the media” narrative is utter crap. Ted Williams didn’t either, but he was voted in immediately. It bothers me to think that some of the voters would hold Allen out because he was a difficult black man. But I wouldn’t doubt it.

All that matters is a player’s performance. Nothing else. Dick Allen, or Richie Allen, or whatever name they choose to call him by…is inarguably one of the greatest offensive players in Major League Baseball history, and his continued exclusion from the Hall of Fame is a travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.