Thread: Ebay museum day
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 12:19 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
A loon that has been banned on here multiple times has at least 4 eBay stores under different names and has thousands of items listed at 5 to 20 times what anybody else lists the same stuff for. It must work or he wouldn't have been able to do it for many years.
It definitely used to piss me off to high heaven when a seller of the ilk that you identify would list a key item that I needed. Particularly when I could go back and see that the seller had picked it up for a fraction at auction.

And then every once in a while, I would give in.

And then I started to see that this seller is basically providing a service. They buy up impossible to find oddball items at auction when other buyers aren’t in the market, then sit on them and ask museum prices. If I want it today, then I can pay the museum price. And if I’m willing to be patient, then I can wait and hope another one comes along, if it ever does.

If it didn’t work at least from time to time, then eventually that seller’s insolvency would force them to mark their stuff down to more reasonable prices.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel