View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
(Tongue in cheek....kinda)
So you've spotted another fake card or auto on Ebay. You then immediately post the link on the forum and tell us what a lather you're in and how you're too upset to bring the wife and kids to dinner. In fact you're not sure if you're going to be up to going to work on Monday. This is followed by multiple responses of " Fake", " What a joke" , "Fake", " I Emailed the guy" etc. Etc.
I ask, before all the accolades swamp you, that you please take the time to point out in a educational/ professional manner...exactly what is evident that makes it a fake. It may be obvious to most, but the rest of us would appreciate the insight. " The white of the card should blend seamlessly into the border", " The top of the cap should not touch the border", " The background is never that orange" or whatever . Why is it a fake? When these are pointed out, and they are sometimes, it's invaluable to some of us. I may be the only one, but if it hadn't been for the guy in Tigonemetry class that constantly raised his hands and asked questions, we all would have failed. So after passing on your wisdom about the fake, go to the ER for your facial twitching.....but bring your laptop....it's a 3 hour wait
So someone posted a card that is a fake. They did it to help people like you, so you won't get ripped off. They don't owe you anything. They don't owe you an explanation. They have no obligation to even tell you it is fake in the first place. They are simply doing it to expose fraud within the hobby.

They weren't put on this board to serve you - they are being kind to aware the community of a fake card. None of them are "having a seizure" - they've all seen fake cards before. The only person who would have a seizure would be someone who learns it's fake after they've already been scammed.