View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Default Board activity as of late

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Frank, I consistently resent the implication that because I choose to have some of my cards professionally graded that I somehow don't know - or don't care - about the actual cards. It's insulting, and frankly I'm tired of reading it. If you don't want to embrace grading that is entirely within your rights. But please stop insulting those of us that do. It's tiring, it's presumptuous, it's misinformed, it's insulting, and frankly, it's boring. I don't recall anyone here EVER getting on you because you choose not to grade your cards. And yet virtually every time I read a post from you I need to sift through your invective about how the way I've chosen to build some of my collection is wrong. Please. You're more intelligent than that. You have more to offer. How about sharing some of that knowledge instead of insulting me for not having it?

As far as the issue in general, I don't see where legality, or the need to be a lawyer, enters into this. This is an issue of consumer confidence, and I think a lot of people support this effort - those of us who understand that this issue doesn't only affect collectors of high-grade, slabbed cards in particular. Sure, I could do without the drama and the multiple threads and the inciteful questions from every collector with an axe to grind or an agenda to push, and I think that's what Leon is getting at in this thread. But the issue itself is about people wanting to know what they're buying. Nothing more, nothing less, and I don't see harm in asking the questions.

-Al