View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
It's playing the long game and "set it and forget it"; there is definitely money to be made, especially if your card is the only one listed on site. I sell some cards for $5-10-25 each when you could buy the same complete set for $10. Since they're crossposted to eBay, people searching ebay for their uncle or grandpa who used to play minor league ball don't care if the card is priced at $4.

I have submitted 10,000 cards on site over the 7 years I've been back in the field. I also have some strategies for buying cards where I can make $50 profit on some, which then allows me to submit 100 cards with the profit. I just sent in 600 cards from the 2020 Congress set, and will list all of them for $2.50 a card.

If you're going to go this route, you don't send every card. You check and see which cards are already for sale on site, and then only send ones that you can profit from ($2 minimum or so). I would send semi-stars, fan favorites, and then ones of guys who were born in the USA. Not a whole lot of demand for random players from the DR or Venezuela, from what I've seen.

Didn't mean to derail your thread, though. Just figured it was an alternate way to turn a larger profit. If you search Primer on these boards, I made a post about how to buy/sell on COMC that is probably worth reading.
No derailing...good suggestion and thank you for sharing your thoughts on my follow up questions! If I can find a few "sweet spot" sets with cards that look like they may hold some value, I'll consider it for sure.