Thread: 1987 Leaf
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 02:47 PM

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Leaf is a Canadian release and Donruss is a USA release. In 1987 the population here in Canada was likely around 25 million people. The USA population was likely around 300 million.So for the Canadian market there is only a handful of this product as compared to the regular Donruss produced in the USA. Similar stats are true about OPC baseball. It took years for collectors to understand just how rare OPC is compared to the Topps.Plus with the OPC their equipment as not near as good as quality so to find a mint OPC card as compared to that same card in Topps is like a needle in a hay stack.The other product that a lot of people never talk about is the 1990 Fleer set.There was a version of that made also just for Canada. And I was told it was only about 10% of the print run of the regular Fleer made in the USA. So if you want any of the rookies from the 1990 Fleer set. The Canadian versions leaps and bounds more scarce then the USA Fleer. Just my observations over the years.