View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default Is this just an old PSA holder?

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

This is a card listed on The Tobacco Card Company's Website. On some of Chris Luke's (The Tobacco Card Company) graded cards he put a "sticker" over the PSA label with the player's name and grade - don't know why he did these, as these stickers are hell getting off.

This seller (auctionsjohn) takes scans of graded cards from The Tobacco Card Company's website and tries to sell them at a markup before he even purchases the card! I caught him doing this on a Sporting Life Matty I bought from the Tobacco Card Company (PSA 4 Blue Background)!!!! I e-mailed him and told him his card has the SAME serial # as a card I purchased from The Tobacco Card Company. This John guy e-mailed me back asking when I bought the card - I told him just that day (needless to say he ended the auction early!).

LOOKS LIKE THE SELLER IS AT IT AGAIN - SELLING SOMEONE ELSE'S CARDS THAT HE DOESN'T EVEN OWN YET. YOU CAN GO TO THE TOBACCO CARD COMPANY'S WEBSITE - LOOK UNDER CLARKE, AND THIS CARD IS STILL THERE. THE GUY WILL BE SURPRISED WITH THIS ONE AS WELL, AS I SPOKE WITH CHRIS LUKE LAST NIGHT REGARDING SOME CARDS AND HE TOLD ME THAT SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ALL HIS CLARKES! I ORDERED TWO PSA3'S FROM HIM AND HE DID NOT HAVE THEM! THIS GUY ANGERS ME TO NO EXTENT - THINK I WILL SEND HIM AN E-MAIL STATING I KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING AND WILL BUY EVERY TOBACCO CARD COMPANY'S CARD HE LISTS!!!