View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 09:01 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Hi Mark:

I just saw this thread and am so very pleased you're doing it....It's ironic that back in 1982-83, I partly got started on a Cal Ripken Jr. collection because I couldn't afford a lot of the Brooks Robinson stuff that was out there...However over these many years, I have managed to pick up some Brooks things here and there (and we did give our youngest son the middle name of Brooks).

I've posted these on the Board in other topics but in case you missed them:

Here is the Orioles line up card from Game 3 of the 1970 W.S. that manager Earl Weaver had taped to the dugout wall (an usher gave it to a fan after the game was over). It was the game that not only Dave McNally hit a Grand Slam, becoming the first and only only pitcher to do so, but also the game in which Brooks made that diving catch to his left off Johnny Bench, which has become an iconic photo to this day..

This is the pitching chart that was kept my Scott McGregor on 04/19/77 vs. Cleveland, which most Brooks fans will remember him hitting an exciting 3 run Walk Off HR in the 10th inning, which ultimately was his last (which he signed for me a few years ago):

I'm looking forward to your posts as well as to see what other people have.

Happy New Year

Bill