View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 11:00 AM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Nice card......who cares about registry etc. Buy the card not the holder. What is interesting is the MC and OC on PSA are considered 2 grades lower but in reality price wise I have found it to be much lower than that...3-4 grades lower. You certainly got a great price, but i find interesting when a seller of OC/MC cards compares their card to what a card sold for that was 2 grades lower when in reality they really should be comparing to one that is 3-4 grades lower ...but registry is king apparently
Thanks. My favorite part of this one is that the OC qualifier shouldn't even really be there (not like it's the typical 75/25 - 80/20 or worse for it). If it had been graded with the no qualifier clause, it's hard to imagine that not being a 7.

But people see the dreaded (OC) and run for the hills, regardless of what's inside the slab. Fine with me since I'm not concerned about those types of resale issues. These '52s aren't going anywhere, so just want the best cards for the best price.

Speaking of shunned off-center material, those have been fun too. I expected to get some nice stuff at a noticeable discount that way, and that has happened so far. A grade 4-5 card that's 80/20 in one direction for the same price as a 2.5 with that much more worn look (but is 60/40ish)? I'll take that all day.