View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
I am not an expert... but I would say NO to it being a legit Topps item. I don’t like the registration around the guys hair, the circle and the drawing of the hand.Looks sloppy. Topps had some talented artist working for them.
I have been collective for a long time and have never seen the card or the album they are selling. This is just my opinion. If it was issued by Topps I think we would have know about this card by now.
Scott
Here are photos of my album. The cover varies from what is shown on the insert I originally asked about as there is a Topps Shield at the top left and box at the bottom with the word Series and a line for the owner to ID what cards are in the album.

I am leaning to think this album is for the 1960 set as the pages are designed to hold horizontal cards as is evidenced by the slits to insert the corners of the cards based on how the cover opens. Saying that however flies in the face of copy written on the inside of the front cover that says you can indicate the series on the cover for example Football, Aviation, or Baseball etc. Cards could be inserted vertically but you would have to turn the album

Another interesting thing is the notation on the bottom left of the inside front cover that says Distributed in Canada by O-PEE-CHEE CO.. LTD, London Ontario. Then bottom right corner says Made and Printed in the U.S.A. So is this a Canadian album or do all of them have this notation? Anyone else have one of these albums to compare?

Finally, on the inside of the back cover is a checklist page for the collector to list the cards in the album and check off what cards he has or is missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0401.jpg (68.9 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0402.jpg (65.9 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (71.2 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (88.2 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (75.2 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0398.jpg (85.4 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0399.jpg (74.1 KB, 383 views)