View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
If you buy a card that has Best Wishes from the player who signs it, and you sell or trade that card, does the Best Wishes dissipate or can you transfer it to the new owner. Or can the original possessor retain Best Wishes in the transaction through some remainder or mineral rights clause even though he gives up the picture itself. Would any of that affect the value of the item on the market ?
If I search for one that was signed to a Cliff I think will be waiting a while . I have other items that are signed by Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Santo, and Fergie Jenkins that I would just as soon not be signed at all, but they are so rare that I take what I can get. I have an uncatalogued small Wilson Advisory card of Ernie Banks that is personalized by Banks to another person, I will put up a scan when I get home. ETA, here is a scan of the 60's Ernie Banks small Wilson advisory card, it is personalized to a girl named Sheryn. Sheryn was the seller of this Banks card on eBay a couple of years ago, and in her description of the card she had a similar story that the Banks card was handed out to people waiting in line to get a Banks autograph, but I forget where she said the signing was. It might have been a sporting goods store. It's about the size of a regular card and blank backed. I still need a Ron Santo card in the same format.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banks advisory.jpg (78.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 06-15-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added photo