View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 06:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Sounds like you will fit right in with the good people on the board. If I can ever help, I am always here.

And here are a few I will be parting with later this evening.....kind of sad but they will make someone else very happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I have been reading and reading trying to soak up T206 knowledge, and I wanted to say thanks to all who chimed in and helped get me started. People like John, Jantz, and Luke as well as a couple of other collectors have been incredibly helpful in helping my T206 collecting to get off the ground. I have collected a few different things over the years in the postwar era, but I don't believe I have ever come across a group of collectors who manage to simultaneously be tight-knit but also accepting and sharing toward newcomers.
This really feels like a community. I do a lot more reading on this board than typing. A lot of the time when I google a topic, it brings me to an old Net54 thread. That says something about the knowledge base that exists here. This ended up being longer than what I intended. Bottom line is that I hope in the future to be able to contribute something here that adds to the knowledge base and somehow helps another collector, especially new ones. I also hope to be able to give you guys decent stuff to look at in the form of purchases. Happy collecting!

Robert