View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 06:17 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Lots of these, as collecting used to be about collecting, not money. Some of the hidden gems out there are those cool cards that still really have very little monetary value to most.

For me, a lot of cool cards I really liked came down to images (and the right team didn't hurt either). Toss in the AS badge or a trophy and it made good cards, great.

I think most of the baseball cards get a nod at some point, so I went football and direct to my first memories of cards as a kid. These were a few that I really, really liked a lot.

I could post 100s of card images that I liked for the sake of liking the cards that were not high dollar, high profile player cards. I still find myself picking out decent cards, even if I have a ton. For example, someone used 1990 Fleer cards recently to protect a purchase. I took out the couple stars that were there and tossed the commons. They are not worth much, but I can't abuse a good card like that!

Man, that dirty Landry card is incredible, and brings it all back!! I can't believe how 'clean' football has become over the decades. They used to play on real grass fields 'borrowed' from baseball teams, and so many of the games across a season were beloved 'mud bowls' or 'blizzard bowls' to us kids. Imagine how tough it would be setting your fantasy lineup today if you knew some games were going to end up being played in a bog like that??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.